Carolina News & Reporter – Multimedia Journalist
Columbia, SC – Current
- Semester-long role in a USC journalism newsroom as a rotating team member of Columbia-area daily news site and broadcast (www.carolinanewsandreporter.org)
- Rotating role as web editor, social media director, long-form journalist and daily news reporter for website.
- Rotating crew member and anchor for daily 30-minute newscast.
- Learning and using skills such as writing, photography, video production, script writing, editing and graphic design.
TOWN Magazine – Freelance Contributor
Greenville, SC – October 2019 – Present
- Freelance assignments include wedding announcements and a local travel guide.
The Garnet & Black Magazine – Digital Media Editor
- Write and produce quarterly issues of the student-run magazine and online pieces; Features and short-form article writing.Coordinate online distribution schedule and assignments with writers, editors and web team.
South Carolina Honors College – Editorial Intern
Columbia, SC – September 2018 – January 2019
- Assisted SCHC writer Aida Rogers with producing content for the college’s website and publication.
- Stories included student profiles, organization spotlights and alumni features.
Congaree Land Trust – Communications Intern
Columbia, SC – August 2018 – December 2018
- Assisted with communications and marketing efforts at local land trust.
- Wrote press releases, website content, presentations and other marketing related materials with a small staff.
Charleston Magazine – Editorial Intern
Charleston, SC – Summer 2018
- Responsible for fact-checking, researching, pitching, and writing assigned pieces and sections of each issue.
- Assigned small articles of 200-400 words.
TOWN Magazine – Editorial Intern
Greenville, SC – May 2017 – August 2017
- Produced monthly issues of local lifestyle magazine in Greenville, SC. Assisted in writing, editing, research and photoshoots during production of each issue.
- Assigned multiple pieces ranging from 75 to 400 words.
GVLtoday, 6am City LLC – Multimedia Intern
Greenville, SC – May 2017 – Aug 2017
- Produced content for hyperlocal daily email and community engagement.
- Researched local and national news and responded to subscriber queries and complaints via email and social media.